By Rev. Jack Henry
Mcfarland Hill Baptist Church in Dalton, Ga.
Text: Topical - Thanksgiving
1. GOD THE FATHER WHO LOVES US - (Jn.3:16) (I Jn.4:19)
God's love is:
D. By the world... Miss- Understood... and still in some places Unknown
2. GOD THE SON WHO LOWERED HIMSELF FOR US -
A. He left the PORTALS of heaven: Willing... Able
B. He walked the earth as a PROPHET
C. On the cross He was our PROPITIATION
D. His blood paid the PRICE and gave us PARDON
E. His resurrection PROVED His deity
F. He is now our great high PRIEST
G. He has PROMISED to return
3. GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT WHO LIVES IN US - (I Cor.6:19-20)
A. He is our PERSUADER - convicts of sin
B. He is our PROMISE - (Jn.14:16-18)
C. He is our POWER - to witness...walk...war... worship
D. He is our PROTECTOR - Sin (Gal.5:16)... Satan (II Thess.2:7)
4. THE WORD OF GOD THAT LEADS US - (I Jn.2:5)
A. His Word lights the PATH - (Ps.119:105)
B. His Word is PURE (Ps.12:6; 119:40; Prov.30:5)
C. His Word PERFORMS - it does all is says it can do!
It equips the saint
2) It exalts Christ
3) It examines the heart
D. His Word is PRECIOUS - (I Sam.3:1; Ps.126:6)
E. His Word will cause one to PROPSER - (Ps.1:1-3)
F. His Word will never PERISH - (Matt.24:35)
5. TRIALS THAT LEARN US - How do we benefit from trials?
A. Trials lead to PATIENCE
B. Which leads to PERFECTION (spiritual maturity)
C. Which leads to PREPAREDNESS - (vs.5) Wisdom here is related to trials that James is talking about. Wisdom is the exercise and practical use of knowledge. This comes only by spiritual maturity which comes only by patience!
6. FOR A CHURCH THAT LIFTS US - How wonderful to be a part of a local church that cares! If you are in a church that does not care, then GET OUT and find one that does!
A. The church is a BROTHERHOOD - (I Pet.2:17)
B. The church is a BODY - (Eph.1:22,23) (Rom.12:4,5)
C. The church is a BUILDING - (Eph.2:19-22)
D. The church is a BRIDE - (2 Cor.11:2) (Rev.19:7-9) (Eph.5:25-32)
Return to Sermon Index