“What Is Faith Promise Missions Giving?”
Text: 2 Corinthians 9:7"Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver." II Corinthians 9:7
I am very excited about our Faith Promise Mission Conference that begins this Wednesday night. All our hearts should be stirred and challenged as we realize that through our participation in Faith Promise Missions many in the world who have never once heard the Gospel of Jesus Christ will have this opportunity. God help us to reach out to the lost world.
Before we look at what Faith Promise Mission Giving is, lets first see what it is not.
1. It is not a pledge! You sign NOTHING! No one but God knows what you promised.
2. It is not something that someone will call on you to collect.
3. It is not ever to be taken away from your tithes & offerings.
What is the Faith Promise
1 It is strictly between you & God. If you decide you cannot give as you promised then you tell God alone. Only He and you will know.
2. It is waiting before the Lord for His instructions as to what He wants you to give in reaching the world with the saving Gospel of Jesus Christ.
3. It must be carried on by faith that God will supply for other things which arise as you proceed in giving what you promised Him. (II Cor. 9:7-8)
What is the Aim of the Faith Promise Plan
1. Its aim is to never glorify individuals or organizations - Only Jesus Christ!
2. Its sole purpose is to support the work of world evangelism which is commanded by our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. (Mark 16:15)
3. It is designed to bring us into a closer and completely dependent attitude upon God and a more blessed fellowship with Him.
The Faith Promise Plan Is in Accord with the Spirit of the New Testament
1. It is Scriptural. According to II Cor.8 & 9. The Apostle Paul practiced it. He would ask the churches to promise a certain amount and give them an allotted time to get it together then would come to pick up their gifts using them in the establishing of churches and winning the lost for Jesus Christ. (I Cor. 16:2)
2 It makes giving a spiritual thing and establishes true consecration as the only valid basis for sharing with God our means. We"purpose" in our heart to give. This is the Bible plan. (II Cor. 8:4-5 and 9:7)
3. It is an act of absolute faith with trust in the Lord. It sets a definite goal for our future service to the Lord.
4 Its church centered, and provides missionary giving, which otherwise might not be available to individuals.
How the Faith Promise Plan Is Carried Out
1. Sunday morning, following our Conference, you will be asked to indicate, on a special card provided, what amount you will give weekly or monthly for the next year. You do this without putting your name on it.
2. The money given through Faith Promise Missions will be recorded and the amount kept separately.
3. The Faith Promise Missionary money can be placed in any of offering plate during any service of the church. It must be marked "Faith Promise Missions."
I trust that each of you will pray and ask what God would have you to do in to increase our missionary giving and to increase your faith. Through your participation, many lost souls will be saved. Faith Promise Missions is another expression of our obedience to Christ's command to "make disciples of all people."